Invite Carolyn Tate to bring The Purpose Project to your workplace
Purpose is both the glue of an organisation and the guiding north-star – ever present, yet never reachable. Purpose answers the most fundamental core truths; Why are we here? What is the contribution we are making? How is the world better because we exist?
A worthy purpose can be felt, seen and heard by everyone, from your employees to your customers and even the competition. This is not about sacrificing profit in the name of purpose but about ‘profiting on purpose’ by bringing your company back to its humanness.
It starts with a deep understanding of your own personal ‘work purpose’ and how we bring it to work (BYO Purpose) so that it complements the ‘higher purpose’ of your organisation.
This 5-Day immersion course is suitable for the Purpose Activists in your organisation. In groups of 12, Carolyn takes your people through the principles and practices of The Purpose Project handbook.
The course is a glorious mix of education and exploration working with models, tools, practices and stories that will cover:
1. The Power of Purpose: We define purpose, explore the history and future of purpose in leading change in business and discover how it drives vision, mission, values, culture and profitability.
2. Your Personal Work Purpose: We explore and articulate our own work purpose working with the ‘ikigai’ purpose model and 50 accompanying questions.
3. Your Organisational Purpose: We work with models that will help you bring a ‘prosperity’ mindset vs a ‘profit’ or ‘purpose’ mindset to the company and explore how purpose can compliment your culture programs.
4. The Purpose Statement: We work with a framework to co-create your personal and company purpose statements and dig deep to find the stories you can tell to start ‘purpose conversations’ with co-workers.
5. The 12 Practices of Purpose: We explore how to work with the 12 personal practices of purpose (surrendering, courage, compassion, self-care, curiosity, community, creativity, living simply, embracing nature, re-learning, redefining success and consciousness.)
6. The Purpose Project: We develop the outline of a Purpose Project you can prototype to help you make the purpose a reality across the company and with all stakeholders.
7. Pitch your Project: We end the course with each participant pitching their Purpose Project to the group and invited guests. This is a chance to declare your intention of bringing purpose to your workplace and how you plan to go about it.
What are the outcomes for you?
1. Discover your personal ‘why’ and company ‘why’ and the power of purpose as the driver of your workplace.
2. Learn how to become a Purpose Activist in your company and start a ‘purpose’ movement.
3. Receive The Purpose Project tools, models and tasks and discover how to bring them to life with your co-workers.
4. Develop a Purpose Project plan and a pitch that you can take back to your company to activate the shift towards purpose.
5. Get deeply connected to your purpose-driven co-workers so you become a cohesive and committed project team.
Who is The Purpose Project for? The Purpose Activist. Is this you?
The Purpose Activist accounts for around 10% of a company’s employees. They’re in all corners of the organisation and are the self-leaders, not necessarily the appointed leaders. They’re likely to self-nominate to become a Purpose Activist. They’re conscious, well-educated, accomplished professionals and natural leaders. They’ve been working on their personal growth for some time and are into TED talks and alternative business books and are inspired to bring consciousness and a higher purpose than profit to their company.
Increasingly they may be feeling that their personal values, beliefs and vision for a better world are out of line with the organisations values and direction. Extrinsic motivators; rewards and punishments no longer work for these people. They want their intrinsic needs to do work that is meaningful to them, to be met. They’ve been contemplating looking for another job with a purpose-driven company or starting their own business. These are the very people that are at most risk of leaving yet the ones that leaders most need to keep.
My message to these people is “face the pain, stay where you are, do all that you can with what you have now, because the workplace doesn’t need more ‘corporate escapees’. It needs people like you staying and making change from within to start a purpose movement in your company!”
What others have said about Carolyn’s purpose workshops
“I think anyone can benefit enormously from this personally and in their work, whether running their own business or employed. Purpose is intrinsic to everything – or should be.” Marion
“Thought provoking, insightful, cerebrally explorative and challenging in all the right ways. Absolutely loved it. It was more than just a day or a workshop, it feels like the start of a new chapter and a journey that can be explored and shared together.” Belinda
“I have been reflecting on our wonderful experience and wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your beautiful generosity in including me in the Purpose Project. It was perfect. Thoughtfully designed, sincere, provocative and completely fulfilling. You are a joy and inspiration, the essence of what the world needs more of! Its a great challenge to shape ourselves into beings of purpose, one that is utmost in my thoughts. Thank you for helping me in my quest.” Victoria
About Carolyn Tate, your Workshop Leader
Carolyn is an expert in the field of purpose. Her purpose is to unearth a higher purpose in people and organisations. She’s been passionately pursuing her own life and work purpose and studying purpose-driven companies for more than 7 years. She has a wealth of experience and knowledge to share with you. As an energetic, bold and courageous leader and storyteller, she’ll challenge you to step up and own your own personal path to purpose in life and work.
Carolyn has spent 20 years of her working in life in the corporate world and 15 years as an entrepreneur and author. She’s a keynote speaker and the founder of The Purpose Project and Talk on Purpose learning programs and The Slow School of Business. She’s a founding member of Conscious Capitalism Australia and her company is a Certified B Corporation. She’s also the author of Small Business Big Brand (2007), Marketing your Small Business for Dummies (2010), Unstuck in Provence (2014) and Conscious Marketing (2015).
The Workshop Methodology
“All learning has an emotional base” said Plato. That’s why I adopt a ‘learn by doing’, facilitated approach that brings into balance the head, the heart and the gut. We start the immersion course with a Commitment Declaration to ensure you are ready, willing and able to give your best. During the course we use a variety of learning activities including personal reflection, journaling, deep listening, pair discussions, nature-walking, storytelling and group tasks.
Everyone is equal and there is no hierarchy. You are asked to enter the space bearing no job title. We are all teachers and we are all students and we learn best in collaboration. The workshop is hosted in beautiful Abbotsford Convent surrounded by nature in order to bring you back to your natural state of being. It’s in this environment that the most profound conversations occur, the most powerful insights arise and the best choices are made.
Read our Learning Philosophy Manifesto
Contact Carolyn on 0412 806 950 or email email@example.com for enquiries.