“Purpose is as essential to a company as breathing is to us humans. The successful leaders of tomorrow will be the ones to awaken purpose in themselves, their company and their people.”
According to Gallup, 70% of people across the globe are disengaged at work. It would seem that we’re all making a ‘dying’ instead of a ‘living’ at work. We no longer want to be a cog in the wheel of industry or a dispensable commodity. We no longer want to be subjected to culture programs or L&D initiatives that don’t address the real, underlying, deep-rooted issues.
We all want a reason for turning up at work that goes way deeper than the pursuit of profit and increased productivity. We want to work for a company that has a higher purpose and that invites us to bring our own purpose to work.
Purpose is both the glue of an organisation and the guiding north-star – ever present yet never reachable. Purpose answers the most fundamental core truths; Why are we here? What is the contribution we are making? How is the world better because we exist?
A worthy purpose can be felt, seen and heard by everyone, from your employees to your customers and even the competition. This is not about sacrificing profit in the name of purpose but about ‘profiting on purpose’ by bringing your company back to its humanness.
Companies that have been built on purpose and that are highly profitable as a result include Patagonia, Etsy, TOMs, KeepCup, Interface Carpets, Whole Food Markets and Intrepid Travel.
In companies across the globe, now more than ever, we need purpose-driven, conscious leaders to step up, take the initiative and own ‘purpose’ instead of waiting for executives to mandate it.
If you’re ready to apply the principles of purpose in your company then this workshop is the place to begin.
The one-day workshop is a glorious mix of education and exploration. We work with human-centred design tools and principles and explore stories and case-studies of purpose-driven companies. You will learn:
- The Power of Purpose: We define purpose and how it’s used and explore the history and future of purpose and understand how it drives vision, mission, values, culture and profitability.
- The Purpose Statement: We discover what makes a powerful purpose statement and use a framework to show you how to co-create your own company purpose statement.
- The Manifesto: We discover the power of Manifesto’s and how they can be used to create behavioural change to bring purpose to life.
- The Purpose Project: We work on identifying a Purpose Project to adopt to help you take action in your daily life and work to bring about change.
Carolyn will also share the ups and downs of building our purpose-driven start-up business, The Slow School of Business (now just two years old). She’ll lift the lid on what’s worked and what hasn’t and share another very special tool we’ve used to keep us focused, The Business Plan Tree.
What are the outcomes for you?
- Discover the power of purpose and how it can drive your business results.
- Receive a suite of 8 Purpose Tools to use in your business.
- Leave with some clarity on your personal and company purpose and next steps.
- Connect with a community of like-minded, purpose-driven professionals.
- Receive a copy of Carolyn’s book Conscious Marketing.
- Enjoy a healthy morning, afternoon tea and lunch.
- Get connected to yourself and the beautiful surrounds of Abbotsford Convent.
Who is The Purpose Project for?
If you’re interested in exploring your own personal purpose and in driving a higher-purpose in your business or organisation, this workshop is for you. You may work in HR or marketing of a large corporate, be a partner in a professional services firm, the director of an industry association, a school principal or starting your own business. The workshop is for anyone with a deep deep desire to do work that is ‘on purpose’.
About Carolyn Tate, your Workshop Leader
Carolyn is an expert in the field of purpose. Her purpose is to unearth a higher purpose in people and organisations. She’s been passionately pursuing her own life and work purpose and studying purpose-driven companies for more than five years. She has a wealth of experience and knowledge to share with you. As an energetic, bold and courageous leader and storyteller, she’ll challenge you to step up and own your own personal path to purpose in life and work.
Carolyn is the author of four books (the latest one being Conscious Marketing), the founder of a start-up purpose-driven business school, The Slow School of Business and a founding member of Conscious Capitalism. Her company is also a Certified B Corporation. Carolyn is about to release her next book Purpose & Prosperity.
The Workshop Methodology
“All learning has an emotional base” said Plato. That’s why I adopt a ‘learn by doing’, facilitated approach that brings into balance the head, the heart and the gut. We start the day with a Commitment Declaration to ensure you are ready, willing and able to give your best. During the day we use a variety of learning activities including personal reflection, journaling, deep listening, pair discussions, story telling and group tasks.
Everyone is equal and there is no hierarchy. You are asked to enter the space bearing no job title. We are all teachers and we are all students and we learn best in collaboration. The workshop is hosted in an eco-friendly location surrounded by nature in order to bring you back to your natural state of being. It’s in this environment that the most profound conversations occur, the most powerful insights arise and the best choices are made.
Read our Learning Philosophy Manifesto.
- WHEN: Friday, 2 December 2016 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM (AEDT)
- WHERE: Abbotsford Convent – 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, VIC 3067
- BOOK HERE
- Please note that your ticket is non-refundable, however if you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a colleague.